Ministry of Information & Broadcasting
‘A’ Wing, Shastri Bhawan,
Smt. Reena Sangl,
C/O Shri B B. Sangal,
Subject: Information sought under RTI Act, 2005 by Smt Reena Sangal regarding
Upgraded pay scales to certain category of subordinate Engg & Programme
Staff of AIR, DD and CCW of AIR.
I am directed to refer to your RTI application received in this Ministry on 28.3.2011 and to give seriatim replies as under:
1. Upgraded pay scales were given to the employees of Prasar Bharati with the
Approval of the Cabinet but RRs of those categories of staff have not been amended so far.
2. The benefit of ACP was not granted to them. The staff who were granted
Pay scales, the benefit of MACP Scheme to the Prasar Bharati employees has been granted by Prasar Bharati themselves without consulting the Ministry.
3. A proposal for merger of pay scale of Engineering Assistant and Senior
Engineering Assistant is under consideration of the Government as per court directions. But in this regard no final decision has been taken so far. As such the case of grant of MACP in the pay scale of Rs.7450-11500 will be decided by Prasar Bharati themselves since Prasar Bharati has already granted the scale to its employees under MACP Scheme.
4. As per the Pay Commission recommendations, promotion/up gradation Under MACP from one grade pay to another grade pay, the benefit of Pay hike of 3% is permissible.
5. There is no provision to protect the pay of officers on repatriation to their parent cadre after deputation. The pay of such employees is regulated in the old pay scale on their reversion.
6. The benefit of ACP has not been allowed to Prasar Bharati employees who were granted the upgraded pay scales by the Ministry of I&B except Junior Engineers and Assistant Engineers of CCW. However, MACP has been granted to Prasar Bharati employees by DG:AIR and DG:DDn themselves without consulting this Ministry. DOPT being the nodal Ministry/Department in case of all govt. services, DOPT can seek clarification from the concerned Department for wrong payments made.
2. The name and address of the Appliate Authority is:-
Ms. Jayanthi G, Deputy Secretary (BA-E), Room No.663, ‘A’Wing, Shastri
For (S.P. Bhattarya)
Under Secretary & CPIO
S.O(IFC), w..r.t.letter no.1/195/2011-IC dated 22.3.2011